- ABOUT US ▼
- PROGRAMS ▼
Facebook has been the most popular social network in the world. It is used to connect with friends and family by sharing photos, links, videos or even texts. Since Facebook has been used widely, lots of businesses are being formed.
- Change the settings in language option that you are using on Facebook: it is the easiest way to start to learn English on social network. Most people are using their mother toughe on their Facebook page and spend a huge amount of time with it. Why don't change to English which is more useful for you?
- Be active in adding friends who speak English frequently on Facebook. If you have any English speaking friends, they sometimes can share their status that can be seen from your newsfeed. Commenting on those can improve your English skills.
- Click "Like" for any English page on Facebook. There are many English pages on Facebook, with interesting and useful content. Any brands, or big companies have their own page on Facebook and the content in those pages is usually easy to understand for most people. You can waste time playing on Facebook, but you could also learn English more effective by using it as well.
- Join a English speaking group. Now people with the similar interest will form a Facebook group to make it easy to contact each other. Searching and Joining a English speaking group will definitely help you improve your skills a lot.
- Create an event by yourself. For people who don't have much contact with English speakers, you can hold a practice English event and invites them to join. The topics can be in daily life or about historical events. Facebook has lots of tools that help you to do this, even if you don't know how to use Facebook, there is always a support team that would help at any time.
Twitter is a small blog allow you to share a short text, about 140 words. These texts are called "Tweets". Tweets can be seen by lots of people but you can limit that number.
Why you should use Twitter to learnn English? This is a blog in which people use updated words, slangs and daily news. The following are some tips for you in using Twitter to learn English:
- Create a account as a foreigner, which means you have to fill your personal information in English. With the account, you can comment in many difference posts and make lots of friends in order to raise your English level.
- Like Facebook, you can follow your favorite English pages on Twitter. You can easily read any posts, stories that you are interested in, or daily life matter and you can understand them easily. Until one day, you will be surprise with you own English skills.
- There is still one more way to help you. The trends from all around the world are usually posted on Twitter. You can go to "Moment tab" and view them here.
If Facebook and Twitter are mostly for entertainment, then LinkedIn is for professional organizations and big companies to connect and gives you the chance finding the job you have been looking for.
LinkedIn gives you the opportunities to practice writing emails. It is connected with many companies that can offer you a good job. Here are some guilds to help you improve your English.
- Create a LinkedIn account in English. You should write a full profile in English, which can take lots of your time, but it can attracts more businesses. Furthurmore, you can easily contact with companies that are recruiting. You can be the one that they need.
- Like Facebook, you can also follow any groups with the same interests in English. You can develop skills by interacting with people in the group.
- Keep an eye on companies on LinkedIn: you should keep track of the companies that you are interested in or instructed to when you are young. Finding information about that company will help you not only for your futre job but also your English.
So now you have wasted less time playing on social networks by focusing on improving English skills.