Thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn là một trong điểm ngữ pháp chính khi học tiếng anh bạn cần nắm kỹ. Cùng tìm hiểu những kiến thức tổng quát và luyện tập qua các dạng bài tập thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn từ cơ bản đến nâng cao kèm đáp án dễ hiểu trong bài viết dưới đây!
Nội dung bài viết
- Tóm tắt lý thuyết cơ bản thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
- Bài tập thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn cơ bản và nâng cao kèm đáp án
1. Tóm tắt lý thuyết cơ bản thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
Một số điểm ngữ pháp chính của thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn bạn cần nắm gồm:
1.1 Công thức cấu trúc thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
|Khẳng định||S + had + been + V-ing
|Phủ định||S + had + not + been + V-ing
|Nghi vấn||1. Yes/No Question
Q: Had + S + been + V-ing?
A: Yes, S + had.
No, S + hadn’t.
Wh- + had + S + been + V-ing?
1.2 Cách dùng thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
Thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn được dùng để:
- Diễn tả một hành động đã bắt đầu trong quá khứ, xảy ra liên tục kéo dài trong một khoảng thời gian, và kết thúc tại một thời điểm cụ thể trong quá khứ.
- Diễn tả hành động và sự việc là nguyên nhân của một hành động hoặc sự việc nào đó diễn ra trong quá khứ.
1.3 Dấu hiệu nhận biết thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
Thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn được sử dụng khi trong câu chứa:
- Until then: cho đến lúc đó
- By the time: trước lúc, vào thời điểm
- By+ mốc thời gian: từ trước cho đến lúc đó
- Prior to that time: thời điểm trước đó
2. Bài tập thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn cơ bản và nâng cao kèm đáp án
Thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn là một trong những thì khó nắm bắt và cần bạn luyện tập thường xuyên, sau đây là các dạng bài tập của thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn từ cơ bản đến nâng cao để bạn luyện tập.
2.1 Phần bài tập
2.1.1 Bài tập cơ bản thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
Bài 1: Điền vào chỗ trống
- I____________________________(work) all day, so I didn’t want to go out.
- She____________________________(sleep) for ten hours when I woke her.
- He____________________________(live) in Beijing for three years when he lost his job.
- When we met, you____________________________(work) at that company for six months.
- We____________________________ (eat) all day, so we felt a bit ill.
- He was red in the face because he____________________________(run).
- It____________________________ (rain) and the road was covered in water.
- I was really tired because I____________________________ (study).
- We____________________________ (go) out for three years when we got married.
- It ____________________________(snow) for three days.
Bài 2: Chia thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn hoặc thì quá khứ đơn vào chỗ trống
- I____________________________ (wait) for hours so I was really glad when the bus finally (arrive).
- Why____________________________(be) the baby’s face so dirty? He____________________________(eat) chocolate.
- I____________________________(see) John yesterday, but the____________________________(run) so he was too tired to chat.
- It____________________________ (rain) and the pavement____________________________(be) covered with puddles.
- When I____________________________ (arrive) it was clear she____________________________(work). There were papers all over the floor and books everywhere.
- They____________________________ (study) all day so when we____________________________(meet) they were exhausted.
- The boss___________________________ (talk) to clients on Skype for hours so she___________________________(want) a break.
- I___________________________(drink) coffee all morning. By lunchtime, I___________________________(feel) really strange!
- She___________________________(hope) for a new car, so she was really pleased when she___________________________ (get) one.
- I___________________________(dream) about a holiday in Greece. I couldn’t believe it when my husband___________________________(book) one as a surprise!
Bài 3: Điền vào chỗ trống
- We____________________________ (sleep) for 12 hours when he woke us up.
- They____________________________ (wait) at the station for 90 minutes when the train finally arrived.
- We____________________________ (look for) her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
- I____________________________ (not / walk) for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.
- How long____________________________ (learn / she) English before she went to London?
- Frank Sinatra caught the flu because he____________________________ (sing) in the rain too long.
- He____________________________ (drive) less than an hour when he ran out of petrol.
- They were very tired in the evening because they____________________________ (help) on the farm all day.
- I____________________________ (not / work) all day; so I wasn’t tired and went to the disco at night.
- They____________________________ (cycle) all day so their legs were sore in the evening.
2.1.2 Bài tập nâng cao thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
Bài 4: Quá khứ hoàn thành và quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
- Mike____________________________ his friends before he went abroad for two months. (visit)
- Paul____________________________ his car for two days before he called the mechanic. (repair)
- Pamela____________________________for two hours before her boyfriend arrived. (dance)
- Melany____________________________ her house by the time the guests arrived. (clean)
- My brother____________________________before I felt angry with him. (apologize)
- The athletes____________________________around the stadium for some time before they were stopped by their coach. (run)
- The pirates____________________________before the rescue team arrived. (escape)
- The sales manager____________________________the advantages of his product for about half an hour before I agreed to buy some samples. (describe)
- I____________________________before my alarm clock rang. (wake up)
- The kids____________________________a lot of mess before their mother came back home from work. (make)
- The teacher____________________________our dictations for several minutes by the time the bell rang. (correct)
- Susan____________________________her thesis for two months before her supervisor told her that she was on the wrong path. (work over)
- You____________________________the party by the time everything happened. (leave)
- Jack____________________________online games for an hour before I came. (play)
- The new students____________________________in the classroom for 15 minutes before they realized that it was the wrong classroom. (wait)
Bài 5: Chia dạng khẳng định của động từ
- 1. The conversation____________________________ about the departure for the last hour. (go on)
- 2. The man____________________________ to the end of the seat. (hold)
- 3. I____________________________for two days. (travel)
- 4. A man____________________________ behind the hedge. (crouch)
- 5. He____________________________ of it for some considerable time. (think)
- 6. The sun____________________________ lower and lower. (get)
- 7. She____________________________ simply of his disease. (speak)
- 8. It was what he____________________________ at. (drive)
- 9. It was what she____________________________ . (expect)
- 10. It was just what he____________________________ . (wonder)
- 11. It was evident she____________________________ . (weep)
- 12. I said I____________________________ a walk. (take)
- 13. People____________________________ about the food. (complain)
- 14. It____________________________ in her heart. (sleep)
- 15. This was what I____________________________ for. (wait)
- 16. I____________________________ at him silently. (look)
- 17. They____________________________ for more than an hour. (talk)
- 18. She____________________________ the boat closely. (examine)
- 19. Pauline____________________________ on the ground. (recline)
- 20. That was the information I____________________________ for. (hope)
Bài 6 (Past perfect vs Past perfect continuous) Quá khứ hoàn thành và quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
- Peter was Sally’s best friend. She____________________________ (know) him all her life.
- The children were wet because they____________________________ (play) football in the rain.
- We were very hungry because we____________________________ (not / eat).
- I was delighted when I found my keys. I____________________________ (look) for them for hours.
- She was exhausted because she____________________________ (work) since eight o’clock that morning.
- Everything was white because it____________________________ (snow).
- The passengers were cross because the airline____________________________ (lose) everyone’s bags.
- I____________________________ (not / see) Jacob for several years, but I recognised him immediately.
Bài 7: Chia động từ thì quá khứ đơn, quá khứ tiếp diễn hoặc quá khứ hoàn thành để hoàn thành các câu dưới đây.
It was Sunday afternoon. I 1____________________________(watch) a cookery program on TV when I 2____________________________ (realise) how hungry I was. But of course I was hungry; I 3____________________________(eat) anything since lunch, and I 4____________________________(run) a race in the morning. “Biscuits!” I 5____________________________(think). My mother 6____________________________ (give) me a jar of delicious home-made biscuits.
I 7____________________________ (go) into the kitchen, 8____________________________ (open) was opening the fridge and 9____________________________ (pour) some milk in a big glass. Then I 10____________________________ (look) for the kitchen chair but it 11____________________________ (be) there: somebody 12____________________________ (take) it away. And there were no biscuits in the biscuit jar: somebody 13____________________________ (eat) them all! I was sure I 14____________________________ (put) the jar there the previous day, and I 15____________________________ (eat) only one cookie. It was very strange.
A few minutes later, I 16____________________________(drink) my glass of milk when I 17____________________________(hear) a loud noise coming from the dining room. I 18____________________________(go) there quickly and I 19____________________________ (open) the door. I couldn’t believe my eyes. An enormous monkey 20____________________________ (eat) the biscuits excitedly on the kitchen chair.
2.2 Phần đáp án
2.2.1 Đáp án bài tập cơ bản thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
1. had been working 2. had been sleeping 3. had been living
4. had been working 5. had been eating 6. had been running
7. had been raining 8. had been studying 9. had been going 10.had been snowing
1. had been waiting/ arrived 2.was/had been eating 3. saw/ had been running 4.had been raining/ was
5. arrived/ had been working 6. had been studying/ met 7. had been talking/ wanted 8. had been drinking/ left
9. had been hoping/ got 10. had been dreaming/ booked
- We had been sleeping for 12 hours when he woke us up.
- They had been waiting at the station for 90 minutes when the train finally arrived.
- We had been looking for her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
- I had not been walking for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.
- How long had she been learning English before she went to London?
- Frank Sinatra caught the flu because he had been singing in the rain too long.
- He had been driving less than an hour when he ran out of petrol.
- They were very tired in the evening because they had been helping on the farm all day.
- I had not been working all day; so I wasn’t tired and went to the disco at night.
- They had been cycling all day so their legs were sore in the evening.
2.2.2 Đáp án bài tập nâng cao thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn
- had visited
- had been repairing
- had been dancing
- had cleaned
- had apologized
- had been running
- had escaped
- had been describing
- had woken up
- had made
- had been correcting
- had been working over
- had left
- had been playing
- had been waiting
- The conversation had been going on about the departure for the last hour. (go on)
- The man had been holding to the end of the seat. (hold)
- I had been travelling for two days. (travel)
- A man had been crouching behind the hedge. (crouch)
- He had been thinking of it for some considerable time. (think)
- The sun had been getting lower and lower. (get)
- She had been speaking simply of his disease. (speak)
- It was what he had been driving at. (drive)
- It was what she had been expecting. (expect)
- It was just what he had been wondering. (wonder)
- It was evident she had been weeping. (weep)
- I said I had been taking a walk. (take)
- People had been complaining about the food. (complain)
- It had been sleeping in her heart. (sleep)
- This was what I’d been waiting for. (wait)
- I had been looking at him silently. (look)
- They had been talking for more than an hour. (talk)
- She had been examining the boat closely. (examine)
- Pauline had been reclining on the ground. (recline)
- That was the information I had been hoping for. (hope)
- Peter was Sally’s best friend. She(know) him all her life.
- The children were wet because they(play) football in the rain.
- We were very hungry because we(not / eat).
- I was delighted when I found my keys. I(look) for them for hours.
- She was exhausted because she(work) since eight o’clock that morning.
- Everything was white because it(snow).
- The passengers were cross because the airline(lose) everyone’s bags.
- I(not / see) Jacob for several years, but I recognised him immediately.
1. was watching 2. realised 3. hadn’t eaten
4. had run 5. thought 6. had given
7 . went 8. opened 9 . poured
10 . looked 11 . wasn’t 12 . had taken
13 . had eaten 14 . had put 15 . had eaten
16 . was drinking 17 . heard 18 . went
19 . opened 20 . was eating
Qua bài viết các dạng bài tập thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn trên, mong rằng bạn đã nắm được những kiến thức cơ bản của loại thì này. Nếu bạn có nhu cầu tìm kiếm một trung tâm học tiếng anh, hãy liên hệ đến Anh ngữ ETEST – địa chỉ được nhiều bạn trẻ theo học hiện nay. Chúng tôi có đội ngũ giảng viên dày dặn kinh nghiệm, sở hữu các loại chứng chỉ quốc tế uy tín đảm bảo nâng cao khả năng tiếng anh của bạn trong 3 đến 4 tháng. Nhanh tay liên hệ đến Anh ngữ ETEST qua https://etest.edu.vn/lien-he/ để được hỗ trợ sớm nhất!
CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN ANH NGỮ ETEST
Anh ngữ ETEST Quận 3: Lầu 3, 215 Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa, Phường Võ Thị Sáu, Quận 3
Anh ngữ ETEST Quận 7: Lầu 6, 79-81-83 Hoàng Văn Thái, Phường Tân Phú, Quận 7
Anh ngữ ETEST Đà Nẵng: Số 9, Đường C2, Khu Đô Thị Quốc tế Đa Phước, P. Thanh Bình, Q. Hải Châu, TP. Đà Nẵng