ETEST English Academy is pleased to honor PHAN VINH in achieving IELTS band 8.5 with an absolute Reading score of 9.0 in the June 25, 2016 test.
Here are a few tips and strategies to achieve an absolute:
In general, you should focus more on grammar than vocabulary: many people use words that are difficult but are clumsy about grammatical structure, this will significantly reduce your score. Spending a large amount of time for lesser known words such as “circumspect” or “obsequious” will not increase your score by a significant amount and will waste your precious time during the preparation.
Use time effectively: take the time given before each listening section to read questions, identify keywords, and the type of answers (numbers, locations, names, …). When you think you are given an answer, think again; Sometimes the speaker gives an answer and then changes his decision. That’s how the IELTS tricks you. Listen and understand comprehensively; Do not write anything down as the answer just because you can hear it.
If you have absolutely no answer to a question, chances are the answer is “not given” (in yes / no / not given and true / false / not given). Don’t make some information up yourself or assume anything, your answer can only come from the paragraph. Matching headings: Headings must summarize the entire paragraph and not just part of it.
– Stay close to what the questions ask.
– You must write at least 150 words for essay 1 and more than 250 words for essay 2; The scorer will count the number of words and subtract your essay points if they are less than 150 or 250 depending on topic 1 or 2.
– Investing in topic 2 more than topic 1 because topic 2 has more points.
– The purpose of the speaking test is not to socialize with the judge; This is your chance to show your English skills; Answering the full question and adding to or explaining your answers will be a plus.
– Do not prepare and memorize the answer before taking the exam; Scoreres are trained to discover this and you will not get points for your answers.
Tham khảo chi tiết chương trình IELTS ở ETEST và để nhận lộ trình học IELTS cá nhân hóa phù hợp với mục tiêu và kiểm tra IELTS miễn phí tại: Học IELTS tại Anh ngữ ETEST
Finally and most importantly, the IELTS exam is designed to test your English level and is usually very accurate. The IELTS does not test your exam taking skills, which means that you cannot rely on advices alone to get the desired score. The best thing you can do is learn and practice to improve your overall English.
CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN ANH NGỮ ETEST
Anh ngữ ETEST Quận 3: Lầu 3, 215 Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa, Phường Võ Thị Sáu, Quận 3
Anh ngữ ETEST Quận 7: Lầu 6, 79-81-83 Hoàng Văn Thái, Phường Tân Phú, Quận 7
Anh ngữ ETEST Đà Nẵng: Số 9, Đường C2, Khu Đô Thị Quốc tế Đa Phước, P. Thanh Bình, Q. Hải Châu, TP. Đà Nẵng