FIRST YEAR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
First year international students must be high school graduates (Students must complete 12 years of studying at their home countries)
Steps to prepare for submission:
- Complete the University’s application form
International students are required to pay a nonrefundable application processing fee of $ 100. Go to the online application to get started.
- Submitting the official TOEFL, IELTS test scores, or PTE Academic test scores to University of South Carolina Columbia.
English language ability is measured by the TOEFL test. The minimum score required is 550 for the paper test or 77 points for the computer test. USC also accepts IELTS or PTE Academic tests. Students must achieve at least 6.5 IELTS scores, or a minimum of 53 PTE test points.
Please note that citizens of the following countries are exempt from TOEFL / IELTS / PTE requirements:
- American Samoa
- Canada (note: Quebec students must take the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE)
- Grand Cayman
- New Zealand
- Sierra Leone
- United Kingdom
3. Submit official transcripts (or certified copies) from schools in your home country. In addition, if your transcript is not in English, you must submit the transcript which has been translated into English and notarized.
4. Submit your reports to specialized agencies to transfer your scores to the US score system.
If you have studied at any school outside the United States, you must submit a formal professional assessment. Freshmen must submit a review documentbydocument or coursebycourse. An admissions decision will not be made until the assessment and all transcripts are submitted. US citizens (freshmen or transitional students) who have attended any course outside the United States must submit a certificate and academic report from international courses with a grade point average transferable to a US scale. More information about the evaluation process can be found below.
Please note that citizens of the following countries are exempted from the requirement to submit the evaluation table::
- State of Rhineland-Palatinate/Rhineland Pfalz, Germany
- State of Thuringen, Germany
- State of Brandenburg, Germany
- State of Queensland, Australia
- Province of Taiwan, Republic of China
5. Submit official SAT or ACT test scores (Include writing section) if you are applying for admission to South Carolina Honors College or want to be considered for any of the faculty’s scholarships.
The SAT number of the University of South CarolinaColumbia is 5818 and the ACT is 3880.
6. If you apply for admission before graduating high school, you must submit an official transcript (or certified copy) and an additional evaluation after you graduate from high school.
Your transcript must show the graduation date.
7. Submit your financial statement if you receive an offer letter. The University Admissions Office must receive an official copy (certified copy) confirming that the student is financially eligible to study at the University of South Carolina for one academic year.
This proof will be used in the issuance of student entry documents (I20 or DS2019), which will be required by the US Embassy or Consulate when issuing the visa. F1 or J1. This process is done after the student receives an offer
Information on evaluation requirements:
Note that students are required to pay for the evaluation of information. Payment and all processrelated contacts are made directly with the assessment service from your choice. We will consider this review from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The web address is www.naces.org